Currently {life recap}


Currently...
I'm wearing some of my spring wardrobe. I know, I know, half the country is under a frozen tundra, but not here. Fresno has had some beautiful days, and so it's time to lighten the mood with some pastels.

I'm saying goodbye and missing my best friend. She moved, if you hadn't heard, to Montana of all places. But I'm genuinely happy for her, and I can't wait to visit her new home. It's just weird that when I call her, she's in a different time zone. She also sent me a text today with a new phone number, that has a different area code. One day soon, this will all seem so incredibly normal.

I'm making Gluten Free doughnuts from a Gluten Free cake mix. Yes, from a cake mix. My daughter loved them so much next time we are going to try a chocolate cake mix. I have to mention that the flip side of these doughnuts look a little ugly, but I'm pretty sure frosting will take care of that. Check out the recipe, here, and don't worry about any modifications because a GF cake mix is a few ounces lighter than a regular cake mix. I just followed the directions to the letter, and they came out just fine. Caitlin approved with some nutella on top.

I'm finishing Amy Poehler's book, Yes Please. It was everything I expected it to be and more. Amy is amazing, and I want to grow up to be just like her. I'm pretty sure if we met in real life we would be best friends. Also there is an amazing chapter in her book written by Seth Myers that will make you cry like a baby. Her thoughts on motherhood and career are on point. Should you read this book? Uh, Yes. Please.

I'm watching television on my favorite night of the week. Shonda Rhimes is a genius. Grey's, Scandal, and now How To Get Away with Murder? This is a quote from the legendary Cicely Tyson! I mean watching a living legend, who looks like some one's great grandma deliver a line about some one's "V"? Amazing, just amazing!

I'm crossing this book off my "To Read" list. I finally started and finished Pride and Prejudice. And wouldn't you know it, I LOVED IT! Which is to say, that I at one point stopped reading, closed the book, and asked myself, WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG? I mean Mr. Darcy, I dare say, what a man to fall in love with. I get it now. I totally get it and it has inspired me to read other period novels that I have never read. I'm not afraid of the language anymore. After two years of this book being on my "New Year's Resolution" list, it feels so damn good to cross it off.

What's new with you? What are you doing, currently?