Back to reality


Getting our sillies out before school starts.

Tomorrow reality will set in. I'm not sure we are ready.

Tomorrow, reality begins again. Summer is gone. Gone. How could it be? But school starts tomorrow, and I know that reality will set in real quick. Because I haven't written a damn thing for this space in over a week. Because despite our best efforts, no one will go to bed at a decent hour tonight. Because tomorrow not only do I have to get myself ready for work, Caitlin ready for school, child care lined up, and find time to call the OBGYN about my annual (which I've been putting off), I also have to be happy about all of those things. I'm exhausted already. It's not that I'm not a happy person, or that I'm depressed, or that my life sucks. On the contrary, I like this little life of mine, but sometimes it feels so very big and overwhelming. I have a habit of letting things pile on. I have a habit of waiting until the last minute. I have a habit of being a pessimist. But aside from all of that, some days I'm just too exhausted to fake it till I make it. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be one of those days. On the bright side, I have a second grader who is looking forward to school, even if she has to tackle the first day on crutches. I bought a new bra today, and as many of you can agree, that's like winning the motherhood lottery. Even better I got it for $15 off with a coupon. I know, it's like Christmas. And even though tomorrow morning may be hard and exhausting, I can feel that little buzz in the air. The excitement for new adventures. The excitement to see friends we have missed all summer. We will fake it until we make it, and honestly it may take until October, but we will do it. One bleary eyed morning at a time.