Mommies don't get sick days


It should be against the law for mothers to get sick. Or there should be this really great shot we can all sign up for every year, like the flu shots you can get at Walgreen's, but this shot would make us immune to everything from hay fever to the stomach flu. A girl can dream right? In the meantime I'm taking a sick day.

Whatever this thing is that I have, it's been brewing since Friday. It started in my head, then my nose, and now, in my chest. My chest literally burns when I breathe. But I went to work today anyway. Then I delivered girl scout cookies. Also made it to the grocery store with the entire family, and guess what? I'll be back at it tomorrow, because:

Mommies don't get sick days.

And even though I know that, and even though there is nothing I can do to change it, doesn't make me any happier about it.

Today the blog takes the hit. Girl Scouts and cookies, groceries and laundry, and whatever this is (cold, bronchitis) are taking priority. As much as I would love to write and set up my posts for the week, I'm slowing falling down where I stand. 

Sorry guys, but this mama needs a sick day, and since I won't get one, I'm taking one from the blog. See you all Wednesday with hopefully something funny or heartfelt to say. And hopefully I can kick this thing very quick!