Black Friday {Coffee Date}


Black Friday sure has changed since I was a kid.  I can remember combing through the sale ads after Thanksgiving dinner.  Circling what I wanted.  Wishing for the plush Snoopy from Macy's, just like the one in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  Usually both my parents worked the day after so the dreams of shopping the big sales were out of the question.  As a kid, my Black Fridays were spent with cousins or my grandma.  Later my Black Fridays were spent at the mall with friends, and then at sixteen they were spent at the mall working.  I'd spend many Black Fridays working since retail was my major.  Now my Black Fridays are calm.  No crazy shopping urges over here.  I'm happy and content at home, shopping online, watching football, baking, crafting, and currently, writing.  

If we were having coffee today, I'd suggest we hit the Starbucks drive thru and enjoy our red cups in the car while we listen to Christmas music.  We'd park at the nearest Target and watch the crazies fight to the death for the best deals, and we'd laugh because as we are tempted we are not that crazy.  Then after we rehashed our Turkey days, I'd tell you about what's been up with me...



I found my winter uniform.  I mean this is gonna be on repeat folks.
It's basically pajamas.  I couldn't be happier.



People Magazine featured Sexy Men and their cats.
Cat ladies everywhere are buying batteries in bulk.



I like to take selfies with anyone and anything.
Timeout our Mascot at Fresno State included.
Crazy old lady right here.



The Hubbs and I took this little lady to see Frozen.
Just the three of us.
It was magical, and the movie was great too.



Got some sweet happy mail from the Its Just Emmy Christmas Exchange.
My partner was a genius!  Those are jars covered in SOCKS.
Yes, Christmas socks!
I know, right???



I'd confess I wore this outfit two days in a row.
Once to see Catching Fire on Tuesday, and again to shop at Costco on Wednesday.
I will never try to go to Costco on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving again.
#jesustakethecart



Finally.  I couldn't wait, and it was so worth the wait.
I went with my Mama, my Aunt, and my two teenage cousins.
We yelled, we cheered, we flipped out lids.
Then my mom started talking about Mocking Jay in the car, and 
I had to start yelling SPOILER ALERT.
The kids weren't so happy about the spoilers!!
Mom stop taking about Prim!!



I mean, these were too awesome to pass up.
Candy Crush has taken over every bit of our lives.
And we totally love it.



So this is me today.
Watching football, prepping for the great Tamale Cook off tomorrow, writing a little,
baking a little, and enjoying every bit of my yoga pants and slippers.

So how is your Black Friday?
Grab a cup and read the conclusion of The Dinner Party.
I hope you like it, and thank you so much for supporting me on this 
little venture of fiction.




coffee date pic

Liking up here