I'm a desperate housewife {reblogged}


It's July and I'm out an about, trying to be in the moment.  So while I'm out please enjoy this repost from my first year of blogging.  For most of you this will be new, and if not, perhaps it's been so long that you will enjoy it again!  XOXO and Happy Summer!

I’m a desperate housewife


I'm a desperate housewife.  Every day.  Consistently.  It doesn't take much for one to become a desperate housewife.  It's not as glamorous as it sounds.  There are no hot lawn boys.  There are no nannies.  There are no personal chefs.  No my friends, in my neighborhood, the desperate housewives are desperate for other things...
I'm desperate for a minute.  To myself, by myself, in other words alone.  Did I mention I want to spend time alone?  Lately I can't even pee alone.  You know what I'm talking about.  There is not one spare minute where I'm not up to my eyeballs in parenting.  So please pretty please a moment to pee, breathe, eat, sigh, read one stinking line of a book???
I'm desperate for my own housewife.  Yes, that's right.  I want a housewife at my own disposal.  I hate housework.  I loathe housework.  My house is constantly messy.  Dr. Seuss books in the pantry.  My Little Ponies on the kitchen table.  As we speak a kitchen table covered in crafting, a laptop, and tonight's McDonalds.  I could pick up all of this and put them in their places. But I know it will find it's way back out into our living room, and then back to the table. Really why bother? As you can see I need a housewife to call my own.
I'm desperate for one good night's sleep.  Just one.  Where I can sleep uninterrupted and wake up on my own.  I don't want to hear crying babies.  I don't want my 3 year old alarm clock to start whining about why I left her in her room, ALONE.  I want to go to sleep, IN MY BED, and wake up when I want.
I'm desperate for a day off.  A mental health day if you will.  A day to read a book, watch a Kardashians marathon, sleep the day away, and blog.  A day to save my sanity.  I want a day to do what I want to do, and not have to think about anyone else but me.  Sound selfish?  Sure it does.  So what, I'm desperate.
I'm desperate to be good at being a mom.  Desperate to be semi-good at being a housewife.  Desperate to be my best self.
I'm a desperate housewife, who is grateful to have things to be desperate about. Thankful that one day I'll get those moments alone.  Those days to myself.  The good night's sleep.  One day I'll miss being a desperate housewife.  Especially since I'll have to find new things to complain about...

 
Looking for a $20 Starbucks GC to complete your summer?
Look no further!