I before we, except after kids

 
Some me time.  Like a vacation.
 
The balance of time.
Or perhaps the balance of me.
Does anyone else feel like they have to
cut themselves into pieces?
Like horcruxes.
A bit here, a bit there.
I'm always cutting pieces of myself to give.
But what about the piece to myself?
 
I feel like I give and give and give.
And some days receive nothing in return.
I'm mommy, and wife and too often forget about me.
 
The hubbs and I had a conversation the other day.
More of a fight really.
Because instead of just telling me he misses me,
he has to point out all the other things taking my time.
I'm always on the computer.
I'm always writing.
I'm always too tired.
I'm always too involved.
With other things.
The girls.
The blog.
My friends.
 
I reminded him not to take personal offense.
 
I don't even take real time for me.
 
It used to be that my selfish acts to
take time for me went unnoticed.
Until the kids came along.
Now I think it's my right to forge time for myself.
Didn't I give mind, body, and soul for those two little humans?
Don't I continually do that on a daily basis?
Shouldn't I get to be selfish once and a while?
 
Then I remember, there is still a WE.
The WE that still needs work.
Love, laughter, and communication.
And most of all time.
Time to be a we again.
 
So now I'm trying to balance my time.
Between the kids, the marriage, and the me.
 
Because before there was we, I was me.
 
And I can't forget about her.