Dirty Secret Saturday {1} Let's be honest about our week

Welcome friends to Dirty Secret Saturday!  I'm so excited to be co-hosting with Lena at Mom 2 Memphis and Ruby and Chrissy at A Little Dash of Diva!  This is a safe place my friends so let out all the secrets you have been keeping.  Tell us some truths about your motherhood.  Let us in on some deets about you!  Good, bad, or otherwise let's have some fun.

Since I skipped my usual InstaFriday post, I'm going to use some of those pictures to give you an honest look at my week.  I used to not be so honest about motherhood.  In the beginning I would outright lie!  Sure my kids are sleeping through the night (after they come and sneak in our bed).  Of course they eat fruits and vegetables (fruit snacks count right?).  They drink out of sippy cups (sweet tea, Dr. Pepper, Coke).  So you can see where I was trying my best to play the part of "Super Mom".  Well it didn't last long.  I made more friends telling it like it is, than trying to be like it "should".  So now, I'm all about letting everyone in on my AbsoluteLife!


This is exactly what happens when you are
blogging instead of making breakfast.
I could hear this little voice saying "He-op" which is Mac for "help".
So after I finished my thought (of course),
I walk into the kitchen to find this.
At least she didn't break herself or her sister's doll bed.

This is what Sunday hair looks like.
Messy, with a side clip so she can see.
Also you can't see in this pic,
but trust me this kids got a snotty nose.
I kept wiping, it kept runny.
Soon she was using her sleeve herself.
Since she had it covered, I went inside to make dinner.

This is my princess at a princess birthday party.
She ate this cupcake.
And the slice of cake we took home too.
This was also the party where there was a 40+ Princess Ariel.
I don't know about you but I like my princesses young and beautiful.
Look, I'm going to be 34, so I know age is just a number.
But like my BF stated, I'm not wearing a tail and a clam shell bra.

So this isn't exactly from this week, but this is a weekly occurrence.
We try to "sleep" train Mac.
To get her to fall asleep on her own.
This is what happens on those nights she doesn't want to.
She is also usually banging on the door.
It's at that time that I'm turning
up the volume so I can hear Glee.
John keeps reminding me that I once said
 crying it out was the worst thing to do to a child.
I keep telling him Mama's got shows to watch.
Plus we do go in soothe when she cries,
but if there are no tears, she can figure it out.

This is me trying to wear something other than a
sweatshirt, Uggs, and jeans.
This is me trying to wear something
that will catch some attention.
So they look at my outfit and not my dirty, greasy, hair.
Greys was on and I didn't want to miss it.
So I skipped a shower.
Priorities people!

Do you guys all know about FebPhotoADay?
Well it's this fun challenge on Instagram.
I'm doing it and Thursday (23) was "where you work".
This is it folks.
My living room where the magic happens.
Actually this is where Nick Jr. happens.
And lots of screaming, fighting sister.
It's also where we eat snacks and ruin our carpet.
And while that laundry basket of clean clothes is no longer there,
the clothes are still not put away.
They are now sitting next to me by our desk,
reminding me that they need to go home.
Which is in Caitlin's room.
But right now that seems to far.

So that's me folks.  That's a little glimpse into our week.  Are there chores I could be doing?  Of course.  There are always chores.  There is always dirty dishes to be loaded.  Clean clothes to be put away.  Toys to be picked up.  Could I cook a nutritious dinner tonight?  Of course.  Will I?  Probably not.  It's Saturday.  So I'm going to do what I do most Saturdays.  Love my kids, laugh with the hubby, and blog/read blogs/enter giveaways and Facebook and Twitter the day away.

What are you doing this Dirty Secret Saturday?

Happy Blogging,
Megan

Grab a button and LINK UP!!
Starting Saturday February 25th