Giving Thanks, the AbsoluteMommy way

Is tomorrow really Thanksgiving?  Really?  How can that be?  Wasn't it just Halloween?  I will tell you now that any and all of the Thanksgiving crafts I wanted to do this month are still waiting to be done.  I did however bake two lovely sweet potato pies and three monster chocolate cakes over the last two days.  So all is not lost in the attempt to be a domestic diva.

I've noticed that a lot of the bloggers that I follow are doing "thankful" posts.  They are really inspiring and upbeat and are sometimes tear jerkers.  I started to write my own, but it wasn't going well.  It really wasn't me.  So I scrapped it and I'm starting over.  Here is my sometimes mushy, sometimes sarcastic, always honest "thankful" post.  Feel free to let me know what you are thankful for below.

Dear Husband:  I'm thankful for you.  Oh sure, I'm always nagging about the garbage or something else.  Sure I crush a dream or three, but really I'm so thankful for you.  I really do appreciate you even if I sometimes don't show it.  So remember that the next time I'm nagging about something.

Dear Darling Daughters:  Thank you for being so incredibly awesome.  You have taught me so much, and I'm truly thankful for having you in my life.  Thank you for NEVER leaving my side, even when I'm in the bathroom.  Thanks for always taking the last bite, the last drink, and the last fiber of my being... Ok, but seriously I love you guys to pieces and my world would be nothing but sadness with out you.

Dear Mom:  Thanks for being an awesome role model and an awesome mom.  Also thanks for spoiling my kids within an inch of their life.  Brat-tastic and Bratty McBrattypants are surely loved so much as evidenced by the mountain of toys in their room.  Evidence #1 being that little cow that walks and sings Bust-A-Mooooo-ve.  That is always on... Always.

Dear Krysten:  Thank you for all the times I've manipulated a phone conversation.  All the times I didn't ask about your day or about how you were, and just launched into the BS that is my life.  I really appreciate that you still take my calls, return them, and love me anyway.  Also thank you for loving Harry Potter and Twilight just as much as me.  I think it's time for the Hunger Games...

Dear Friends I never call back:  I'm sorry I'm a horrible person about calling and returning calls.  I'm not really that awful, usually I'm knee deep in... Well anyway, it's not that I don't think about you or love you.  I'm working on it.

Dear iPhone:  Please don't quit on me before it's time for my upgrade.  You're like a limb to me and to lose you would be... Well there just aren't words.  Thank you for keeping me up to date on all the important issues in the world like:  Kim K's divorce, who won DWTS, spoilers on Glee, and who's kid is finally potty trained on Facebook.  I love you.

Dear Starbucks:  Thanks.  I may not visit every day, but knowing you are there waiting for me during normal business hours makes all the difference.

Dear Target:  I know this is quite the abusive relationship but I still love you.  Sure take all my money, manipulate me into to thinking you love me back... I'm ok with it.  With such great stuff at such affordable prices I just can't quit you.

Dear Self:  Thank you for starting this blog.  It's the best thing you have done for us in a long time.  Not only is it fun, but you've met some great people and it's helped you work out some things.  For us, writing is the best medicine... So is laughter and vicodin.  Any hoo, thanks.

Happy Blogging and Thanksgiving,
Megan